Removing a wisdom tooth is a complex and time-consuming process in dentistry, which has certain characteristics. It is impossible to avoid complications after extirpation, and this is normal. Complications that go away on their own:
- sore gums;
- swelling of the mucous membrane;
- increased body temperature.
After the operation, the patient must strictly follow the doctor’s recommendations. After the removal of a wisdom tooth, serious complications can occur:
- Loss of a blood clot. In this case, bleeding of varying degrees of complexity appears. The patient should see a doctor. The dentist puts antiseptic compresses into the hole to prevent food and bacteria from entering the wound.
- Alveolitis. Premature loss of the clot leads to the development of infection.
- Extensive tissue damage leads to bleeding. This is influenced by concomitant diseases such as diabetes mellitus, bleeding disorders. After surgery, it is forbidden to take blood thinning drugs for a week.
The doctor will be able to determine how much it costs to remove a wisdom tooth during an examination. In diagnostics, it is important to take into account the X-ray result, which determines the location of the tooth and its roots.
The removal of a wisdom tooth in dentistry is performed by a surgeon. This is a complex process that requires special attention. Often accompanied by serious complications. To prevent them, you must follow useful recommendations:
- the doctor must suture for quick wound healing;
- take antibiotics for at least three days;
- you must not drink, eat, smoke for three hours after extraction;
- for several days it is necessary to follow a diet – exclude hot, cold food and drinks from the diet;
- it is forbidden to heat the area where the tooth was extracted;
- cold compresses applied to the cheek will help to eliminate swelling;
- pain medication can be taken if the pain is severe.
Extraction of the 8th tooth can often lead to the development of an infection. After surgery, it is necessary to constantly maintain oral hygiene. Rinses are additionally used. If you follow all the doctor’s recommendations, then the healing will be quick. Usually, after a few weeks, the wound is gone.
The price of wisdom tooth extraction is determined at a doctor’s appointment. Such complex operations are performed by a surgeon. In most cases, wisdom teeth are misplaced and have tangled roots. Before removal, the doctor must prescribe an x-ray to determine the exact location of the tooth and its roots.
The Dr. Kozak Dental clinic has a wide range of services. Everything can be done on the spot. Modern equipment is used, which provides high-quality and safe treatment. All instruments are sterile and special attention is paid to this.
The patient can have no doubts about the quality and safety of the treatment. It is always traumatic and difficult to remove a wisdom tooth. Do not endure the pain and postpone the visit to the clinic. Such teeth are always removed, experienced surgeons do it every day. The main advantages of the Dr. Kozak Dental clinic:
- wide range of services;
- cozy and comfortable atmosphere;
- experienced and friendly professionals;
- treatment without fear and stress;
- use of modern equipment and materials.
After extirpation, the doctor makes recommendations that the patient must follow. Removing the root of a wisdom tooth is difficult and traumatic. Your doctor’s advice will help speed up the wound healing and recovery period. You can make an appointment right now.