Removing a wisdom tooth is a complex and time-consuming process in dentistry, which has certain characteristics. It is impossible to avoid complications after extirpation, and this is normal. Complications that go away on their own:
- sore gums;
- swelling of the mucous membrane;
- increased body temperature.
After the operation, the patient must strictly follow the doctor’s recommendations. After the removal of a wisdom tooth, serious complications can occur:
- Loss of a blood clot. In this case, bleeding of varying degrees of complexity appears. The patient should see a doctor. The dentist puts antiseptic compresses into the hole to prevent food and bacteria from entering the wound.
- Alveolitis. Premature loss of the clot leads to the development of infection.
- Extensive tissue damage leads to bleeding. This is influenced by concomitant diseases such as diabetes mellitus, bleeding disorders. After surgery, it is forbidden to take blood thinning drugs for a week.
The doctor will be able to determine how much it costs to remove a wisdom tooth during an examination. In diagnostics, it is important to take into account the X-ray result, which determines the location of the tooth and its roots.