Composite veneers are ultra-thin nanocomposite plates. Onlays are glued to the surface of the tooth or applied in layers. In this way, you can hide aesthetic defects and irregularities.
With the help of composite veneers, you can restore the natural color of the enamel, restore the shape and size of the tooth. They are often used to correct defects in one or two teeth. Main advantages:
- low cost;
- quick result (you can install the veneer in one go);
- aesthetics (the color of the onlay is matched to the natural shade of the teeth).
- Composite veneers, in addition to advantages, have disadvantages:
- low wear resistance;
- short service life – up to a maximum of 5 years;
- have the ability to lose color;
- need polishing every six months;
- do not fit tightly to the tooth.
Despite the disadvantages, composite veneers are in demand in dentistry. They are placed on one or more teeth. In one visit to the dentist, you can get rid of defects and get a beautiful smile.