The inlay on the teeth is a special prosthesis that matches the size of the destroyed part of the crown. Such an element is installed inside the tooth with adhesive glue. The role of the tab is the same as that of a seal. It is mainly used when it is impossible to put a seal. Advantages of a dental inlay:
- prolongs the functionality and life of the native tooth;
- prevents the development of caries;
- used when the crown is destroyed by a third or more;
- natural appearance (does not differ from natural enamel);
- withstands chewing loads, since it is made of high quality and strong materials;
- service life 20-25 years;
- color fastness (does not change the shade under the influence of food coloring).
The ceramic inlay on the chewing tooth allows you to restore its functions and extend its service life. This method is used when the tooth root is not damaged. The dentist selects the tabs individually.